Tuesday 25 November 2008

Frog begins her education !!


Hi, This is Frog, she is a Blue Roan Welsh Part-Bred filly that I bought as a foal at a dispersal sale, I paid way over the odds for her and was a total impulse buy.


Well now its time for her to have her education, she was backed at Christmas did a little now and again through out the year but now we have sent her off to be schooled correctly and after only a week the change is remarkable, her head carriage and the way she works is a pleasure to watch.
Again I was fighting the light
ISO3200, 115mm, f4, 1/100


10 comments:

Sandra said...

What a beauty! Where does the name "from" come from?

Martin Wilkins said...

I tend to name my animals by the first thing that comes to mind when I see them, mad I know but it usually works well..lol..

Tess said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love her markings!

Thistle Creek Photography said...

looks like she has lovely carriage. the clip is a giggle... she looks like she is a beautiful color.

Martin Wilkins said...

Hi Michelle, the clip is whats called a blanket clip, its used for hunting or hard working horses to stop them over heating in there winter coats, where frog is totally unfit she runs with sweat after each lesson :-)

Unknown said...

wilky, you always have such interesting information! I was wondering about the clip too, and now I know! She does look like a beautiful lady! And she must be sharp too - to learn so quickly!

PLPortraiture said...

GORGEOUS Impulse buy!

I wish my rescued mutt behaved as well after HIS boarding school.

Brittany said...

FUN! It's been years since I've been on a horse. Now I'm craving it again!

Jessica said...

Beautiful. My oldest is standing right here asking if she can ride the horse next lol. Great shot, I love it!

Design by Jenn said...

ooh, she's beautiful!