Saturday 15 November 2008

Rocket Ship ( Day18 )


This one I did feel inspired to shoot :-)


I have seen this in images lots of times as a sunset which always looks fantastic so I decided to shoot it at day break, I wanted early sun, instead I had a very cold wind and clouds at 7am.


This called The Oratory and is on the downs above Blackgang and is a medieval lighthouse.


The 'lighthouse' was built in c1312 and it's glazed lantern was of little use shining through small windows especially during fog, although high enough it is still a fair distance from the coastal edge. The Oratory was a chantry chapel adjoined but has not survived.

9 comments:

PLPortraiture said...

Mesmerizing !

I have no other words! I could gaze upon this image all day . . . as I can only dream of someday visiting your corner of the globe. . .

I would love to have a Gallery Image of this in my home.


OK,,, moment of seriousness is over. Back to my regularly scheduled chaos.

Unknown said...

This is lovely! Do you have to travel far to get all these wonderful views?

Martin Wilkins said...

The Island is approximatly 26miles by 15 so it is small.

RachelMay said...

This is gorgeous!

Design by Jenn said...

WOW ... I saw this in an OPS post. I love this!

Lary Family said...

That's so awesome!!

Tess said...

A masterpiece yet again!

Heather said...

this is such a cool shot!!!!!!!!!

Sandra said...

LOVE IT! What an amazing image.